Drew Eckl & Farnham is an exceptional firm environment. Our people are our greatest asset. We combine a strong work ethic and family values in a friendly, professional and diverse environment. We seek out and develop attorneys who are experienced lawyers in and beyond our core practice areas. The result is an environment that features top-notch professionals, challenging cases and a high retention rate.
At DEF, we want to ensure your integration and development within the firm is seamless. By providing training, mentoring, and collaboration, our laterals are able to smoothly transition into the firm and become a key component within our firm to drive success.
Each lateral hire brings a unique set of qualities to the firm. Whether you are looking for more diversity and inclusion, a big law firm with a small law firm feel, or simply to make a geographical move, DEF has you covered. Since the firm began in 1983, we have grown by over 100 attorneys and two more offices in south Georgia through collaboration and commitment to not only the firm, but each other.
Benefits and Work-Life Integration
Drew Eckl & Farnham knows that our clients prefer our firm because of our people. Without you, our operations would not move smoothly. Therefore we believe our attorneys should have work-life integration. Our benefits below prove just how we do that.
- Merit bonus program
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible hours
- Pre-tax payroll deductions for parking
- Mass transit subsidy
- Comprehensive Medical Plans
- Medical Virtual Care Programs
- Dedicated benefit specialist to assist with navigating the healthcare system
- Dental and vision plans available
- Flexible spending accounts/health savings accounts available
- Voluntary Short-term disability
- Firm-paid life, long-term disability, and critical illness insurance
- Supplemental accident and critical illness plans available
- Supplemental life (including long-term care provision), long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance available
- Corporate discounts
- Educational programming
- Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks
- On-site new mothers room for nursing mothers
- Comprehensive wellness program including onsite health screenings
- Attorney Assistance Program (EAP)
- Firm-paid flu shots
- Affinity groups
- Free on-site gym membership
- Firm-sponsored walks, runs, and athletic teams
Your continued personal growth is important to us. At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we want you to feel empowered. We value continuing education at all levels and we have implemented training programs and budgeting practices that reflect our commitment to training.
We have a custom designed leadership training program that enables our attorneys to learn the skills needed to be a successful partner at DEF. This program, designed as a Mini-MBA program specific to Drew Eckl & Farnham, provides cross-sectional training on leadership, managing your team, diversity & inclusion, business development skills, finance, and high-level IT knowledge specific to security and risks. Additionally, the Diversity Liaison for the committee helped design admission criteria for this program, which is mandatory for admission into the partnership, to intentionally be inclusive for our women and diverse attorneys.
Associate Training Program
The firm provides quarterly training programs for associates at DEF. The trainings provide advanced training on skills necessary to be a successful lawyer. Beyond formal training programs, all partners continually supervise and train their associates in ethical case handling, honing litigation skills, timely client reporting, timekeeping, and effective claim management.
Our current job openings are available to view using the link below but we are always looking for applications from qualified attorneys. If you are looking for the next step in your career and are interested in working at a place that values teamwork, takes pride in our work, and is always seeking ways to support continuous improvement, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.