At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we are dedicated to supporting an environment that fosters innovation, inclusivity, mutual respect, and trust.
We seek professionals who value collaboration, take pride in their work, and are constantly seeking opportunities for growth. Each individual at Drew Eckl & Farnham is empowered to shape their own success.
Our current job openings are listed below. Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
General Liability Associate
General Liability Associate
We are growing fast, and have multiple positions available for experienced associates to join our General Liability practice in our Atlanta, Brunswick or Albany offices. In this role, your caseload will primarily involve matters focused on premises liability, negligent security liability, trucking and transportation liability, and personal/bodily Injury liability.
You must have:
- Demonstrated General Liability Experience (depositions, court appearances, prepared and argued motions)
- J.D. from an ABA-Approved Law School
- Active license to practice law in the state of Georgia
Ideal candidates will have:
- 3 – 4 years of experience at a defense firm
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Proven ability to manage complex cases
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to conduct depositions and manage discovery
- Passion for litigation
With over 35 years of experience, Drew Eckl & Farnham offers uncompromising legal service to our clients while striving to implement innovative solutions to complex problems. We are looking for experienced associates who are ready to join a law firm where they can take their careers to the next level.
At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we foster an environment that values collaboration and encourages you to invest in your professional development. Associates receive award-winning training as they transition to partnership, as well as unique opportunities for coaching and mentoring from colleagues across the firm.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant/Secretary with a minimum of 4 years of experience to join our team. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, have good organizational skills, be detail oriented, hard-working and work well with others. The Legal Assistant handles administrative tasks, and therefore must be knowledgeable about legal terminology, court requirements, and deadlines. Experience at a defense firm is preferred, but not required. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- 4+ years professional experience
- Experience at defense firm preferred
- Drafting Documents
- Transmitting Documents
- Calendar Management
- Answering Phones
- Opening and Closing Cases
Our firm is seeking an individual with a Nursing Degree with at least five years of generalist clinical nursing experience to fill our Nurse Paralegal position. Prior legal experience is required with one to three years of paralegal experience preferred. This position can be based in our Atlanta, Albany or Brunswick office.
Individuals with a high level of organization and detail orientation will be most successful in the role. The candidate should enjoy research and be able to handle large amounts of document management and medical records review.
- Nursing Degree
- 5+ years generalist clinical nursing experience.
- Prior legal experience (1 -3 years paralegal experience preferred).
- Reviews and analyzes case files, associated medical records, and other applicable documents for the purpose of preparing matter evaluations and status reports for trial.
- Summarizes medical records, articles, reports, witness statements, and depositions.
- Establishes, organizes and maintains case files, medical records, pleadings, attorney notebooks, expert witness notebooks, and document indexes and lists.
- Locates and confers with expert witnesses. Arranges for expert witness inspections and obtains approval from counsel of record and specified parties.
- Reviews and outlines medical records; indexes and summarizes documents.
- Reviews and outlines depositions; indexes and summarizes documents.
- Performs assigned medical research tasks using all available resources including libraries and computer data systems.
- Checklist set-up and form files.
- Checks citations and references in written and computer-generated materials for accuracy.
With over 30 years of experience, our firm offers uncompromising legal service to our clients while striving to implement innovative solutions to complex problems. We are currently seeking an experienced Paralegal to join us in those endeavors. Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of experience. Experience at a defense firm is valued but not mandatory.
- Gathers, analyzes and organizes information, legal pleadings, discovery and other documents pertaining to case files for Trial Attorneys.
- Prepares draft pleadings and discovery documents for the Trial Attorneys’ review.
- Handles case files as directed.
- Assists in maintaining electronic legal research software and law library. Create documents, scan and upload documents, copy emails, update database. General utilization of case management software.
- Utilizes MS Outlook and Prolaw calendaring and calendar maintenance.
- As necessary, copies and transmits letters, documents, and packages to various parties via certified, registered, or priority mail; FedEx; courier service; fax; or email.
- Offers secretarial/administrative support as needs dictate.
- 2 – 3 years Paralegal experience
- Defense firm experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
Our busy legal practice is continuing to grow, and we’re currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to take ownership of document management and filing in our Atlanta office. The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this role.
- Drafting documents
- Transmitting documents
- Compiling, maintaining, and updating company records
- Operating office equipment including printers, copiers, fax machines, and multimedia instruments
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At Drew Eckl & Farnham we value our employees, and we offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including an incentive and training program.
Didn’t find what you are looking for? We are always accepting applications from qualified attorneys, law students, paralegals, and administrative staff. Please apply by sending your resume to [email protected]