Lawyers across our firm are staying up to date on all matters related to COVID-19 and the legal implications for our clients and their industries. As our clients focus on business continuity during the pandemic, our priority is to provide legal guidance on COVID-19 related concerns and to provide timely updates as the legal landscape evolves as it relates to COVID-19 matters.
Representative Areas of Guidance
- Response to OSHA demand letters and investigations.
- Contract analysis and defense of delay damages and force majeure provisions.
- Exposure from injuries covered under Workers’ Compensation specific to employees who have been laid off.
- Considerations for light duty programs after Workers’ Compensation claims during COVID-19.
- Coordination between builders, owners, & lenders/insurance companies.
- CARES Act Loan Program advice (Paycheck Protection Program and EIDL Loans).
- Employer guidance on COVID-19 prevention, employee testing, reporting suspected cases, employee travel, immigration, employee compensation issues while on leave, and principles of workplace safety and health.
- Analysis of business interruption insurance claims.
- COVID-19 considerations for public venues and other businesses accommodating large crowds.
- Interplay between COVID-19 response and HIPAA.
- Contractual issues arising from COVID-19 including performance issues under existing contracts and addressing COVID-19 in new contracts.
- Cybersecurity and data privacy concerns arising from teleworking.
Full-Service Approach to COVID-19 Concers
Our lawyers are currently assisting a wide variety of corporations, insurance companies, and individuals throughout United States in dealing with the legal challenges as a result of COVID-19. Our attorneys provide services to our clients in practice areas including:
- Appellate Law
- Collections Law
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Real Estate Law
- Commercial Transportation Law
- Construction Litigation
- Corporate and Transactional
- Cyber Insurance, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Family Law and Domestic Relations
- First Party Insurance Matters
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Professional Malpractice and Healthcare Litigation
- Sports Law
- Workers’ Compensation
Why Choose Us?
Our response team, comprised of an interdisciplinary group of lawyers, recognizes the complex legal issues that businesses are faced with as a result of COVID-19. This group has issued legal alerts on the topic and they have hosted webinars to address a range of concerns. At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we remain committed to monitoring issues and bringing as much guidance to clients as possible. Visit our COVID-19 Legal Updates page for more information or register to receive updates.
With over 115 attorneys in 4 locations, we are well prepared to assist clients with practical advice as COVID-19-related issues continue to impact business. Additionally, our attorneys have experience acting as national counsel to many of clients to provide consistent responses and client service for multiple jurisdictions.