Our mission is to provide our clients with uncompromising legal service and to implement innovative solutions to complex legal problems. Our approach to practicing law is to resolve each new lawsuit as expeditiously and efficiently as possible. Our vision reflects our values: Pride, Teamwork and Improvement.
Drew Eckl & Farnham is an environment that encourages creativity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration. Each member of our firm brings a different set of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to create the unique culture that embodies our firm. And we know that our firm is a product of its people.
At DEF, our priority is to ensure each member of our team has the tools available for them to reach their maximum potential. We know that your professional growth and development makes us stronger too.
By allowing each person at Drew Eckl & Farnham to be authentic, we reach a result that is unlike any other. Each individual brings attributes that results in an innovative, trustworthy, and inclusive environment.
Beneﬁts and Work-Life Integration
At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we know that our people are the key to our success. Without you, our operations would not move smoothly. Therefore we believe our employees should have work-life integration. The benefits outlined below prove just how we do that.
• Competitive salary
• Merit bonus program for timekeepers
• Flexible time off policy
• Flexible hours and a formal flexible working policy for all
• Mass transit subsidy
• Comprehensive Medical Plans including access to Flexible spending accounts/health savings accounts
• Free on-site gym membership & firm-paid membership to Peloton app
• Dental and vision plans available
• Voluntary Short-term disability
• Firm-paid life, long-term disability, and critical illness insurance
• Supplemental accident and critical illness plans available
• Supplemental life (including long-term care provision), long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance available
• Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks with optional flexible work arrangements available to transition back to the office
• On-site new mothers room for nursing mothers
• Comprehensive wellness program including onsite health screenings
• Employee Recognition & Engagement Platform
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Educational programming & professional development programs
• Affinity groups
• Firm-sponsored walks, runs, and athletic teams
Diversity & Inclusion
Drew Eckl & Farnham has both extraordinary opportunity and a special responsibility to maintain a culture that nurtures diversity in interests, sexual orientation, age, religion, and physical ability. Our commitment to promoting and encouraging diversity is illustrated by policies, initiatives, and programs established across offices, including efforts in recruiting, training and retention. Our firm-supported affinity groups include those who self-identify as or are allied with African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander and women lawyers.
To show our commitment to promoting D&I at our firm, we are one of the trailblazing firms partnering with Diversity Lab to pilot the inaugural Midsize Mansfield Rule. Mansfield Rule certification measures whether law firms have affirmatively considered women, attorneys of color, LGBTQ+ attorneys, and attorneys with disabilities as at least 30 percent of the candidate pool for recruitment, governance roles, equity partner promotions, and inclusion in formal pitches to clients.
Beginning September 15, Drew Eckl & Farnham will work collaboratively with more than 20 midsize law firms throughout the US to pilot a new iteration of the Mansfield Rule. The Midsize Mansfield Rule certification process, modeled after the original version, has been fine-tuned to boost diversity in leadership for firms with smaller lawyer populations, fewer office locations, and leaner firm leadership structures.