At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we understand that we have both an extraordinary opportunity and a special responsibility to maintain a culture that nurtures a diverse and inclusive workforce. The Drew Eckl & Farnham 1L Diversity Fellowship is one of many diversity programs we utilize to promote diversity here at our firm and in the legal profession at large.
The program is designed for students who have just finished their first year of law school and are from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds. The 1L Fellow will also possess a long-term interest in practicing law in a Georgia law firm.
2021 1L FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM DETAILS
There is one available paid 1L Fellowship position for a student from a diverse and/or underrepresented background that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- The 1L Fellow will participate in the program for a total of 10 weeks during the summer of 2021. The recipients must be able to commit to the full 10 weeks of the program.
- The 1L Fellow will work on matters across Drew Eckl & Farnham’s practice areas, which can be found on our website here.
- Upon successful completion of the 1L Fellowship Program, our 1L Fellow is eligible to earn an offer to return as a 2022 Summer Associate at Drew Eckl & Farnham.
A selection panel consisting of DEF attorneys will evaluate all applications, considering the factors below:
- Academic Achievement
- Demonstrated Commitment to Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession
- Obstacles Overcome in Pursuing a Legal Career
- Long-term Interest in Practicing Law in Georgia (Atlanta, Brunswick or Albany)
The fellowship is open to all first-year law students currently enrolled in Georgia at an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of May 2023, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law. Additionally, the applicant should not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021.
Application Materials (Due January 31, 2021)
- Personal Statement (Optional): Please discuss your commitment to promote diversity in the legal profession or obstacles you have overcome in pursuing a legal career (500 words or less)
Submit required materials to [email protected] before the deadline for consideration.