First Party Insurance Matters
There are obviously many specialties within the legal profession, as well as extraordinary differences in how lawyers practice law, especially in the area of first party insurance defense. Drew Eckl & Farnham’s First Party Insurance attorneys bring more than 70 years of legal experience in this specific niche of law. Along with this experience, these attorneys also bring our firm's commitment to efficient, cost-effective solutions.
Coverage Analysis, Appraisal, Litigation, and More
Whether you are investigating a claim or defending a lawsuit brought by your insured, our attorneys can guide you through each aspect of first party insurance claims to reduce your company’s exposure. While Georgia is a large part of our practice, the First Party Insurance attorneys represent clients throughout the southeast.
A sample of some of the legal services provided by First Party Insurance Practice includes:
- Defending breach of contract and bad faith claims in state and federal courts
- Conducting examinations under oath of insureds
- Coverage opinions
- Declaratory judgment actions to resolve coverage disputes
- Subrogation actions
- Management of appraisals, including umpire appointment
- Representing insurers in arbitration
- Settlement mediation
Our clients often need representation in claims involving:
- Faulty workmanship in construction and design
- Water Damage
- Hail & Windstorm damage
- Business Interruption
- Duty to Defend
The primary goal in the investigation of First Party cases is the expeditious development of all relevant evidence to enable fully informed decisions regarding the claim. If litigation is involved, the primary goal is to terminate the litigation by summary judgment. If the facts or law prevent summary judgment, our First Party Insurance attorneys have substantial trial experience and a track record of excellent outcomes. In the past seven fraud and forfeiture trials, including arson defenses, our attorneys obtained a verdict for the insurance carrier, and in several cases obtained a judgment against the insured for monetary damages in favor of our clients.
- In the news: Barbara Marschalk recently successfully defended her client...
- Summary Judgment in Breach of Contract Claim
- Summary Judgment in Bodily Injury Claim
- Motion to Dismiss Granted for Not-for-Profit Client
- Summary Judgment for Food Service Industry Client
- Summary Judgment for Construction Employee Client
- Defense Verdict in Negligence Case Avoids Damages in Excess of $550,000
Related Publications & Presentations
*No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Drew Eckl & Farnham clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors.