Professional athletes possess a combination of strength, grace, and teamwork on the field -- but in contract negotiations, labor disputes and other legal situations, they often need a different kind of team to assist them.
Professional Lawyers for Professional Athletes
Representation of professional athletes can include contract negotiation, team selection for free agents, workers’ compensation, labor grievances, line of duty disability claims, medical management of injuries, physician selection, media management and much more.
Our areas of expertise include negotiating and drafting playing contracts and commercial endorsements as well as estate planning, tax preparation and general legal services.
Legal Counsel for Coaching Professionals
Coaches need legal counsel as well. Our coaching clients seek help in areas ranging from job placement, negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and managing disputes, as well as endorsements. Our clients include Super Bowl coaches, an NFL Coach of the Year and multiple NCAA Coaches of the year.
Representation for College Athletes
Drew Eckl & Farnham can also provide crucial counseling for college athletes. This includes pre-draft counseling and combine preparation for NFL draft-eligible college players, as well as negotiation of contracts for drafted players and free agents.
The attorneys at Drew Eckl & Farnham are adept at helping professional athletes and coaches alike manage their legal needs at every step of their career.
- In the News: Defense Verdict in $1.3M Lawsuit for Client Featured in the...
- Corporate & Transaction Negotiates for The Fox Theatre in GICC Partnership
- Barbara Marschalk Presented at the State Court Judges' Spring Conference
- Supreme Court of Georgia Oral Arguments
- Summary Judgment in Defamation Case
- Summary Judgment for Slip & Fall Claim Affirmed in Georgia Court of Appeals
- Summary Judgment for International Retailer in Premises Liability Case
- Georgia Court of Appeals Affirms Summary Judgment in Double-Fatality Case
- Reale and Cheek Obtain Summary Judgment for Defendants in Wrongful Death...
- Motion for Default Judgment Denied in Northern District of GA
Related Publications & Presentations
*No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Drew Eckl & Farnham clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors.