Professional Malpractice and Healthcare Litigation
Atlanta is now the tenth largest metropolitan area in the United States and the number of professional malpractice lawsuits filed in the metro-Atlanta area has risen dramatically over the past decade. Licensed professionals and practitioners need experienced legal protection now more than ever. Drew Eckl & Farnham has an experienced team of attorneys and other specialized professionals, including two full time in-house legal nurse consultants, who zealously represent practitioners in a wide variety of professional malpractice and healthcare litigation.
Our attorneys have decades of experience in representing a variety of healthcare practitioners, practice groups, hospitals, long-term care facilities and other entities throughout the state of Georgia. Because of the unique and complex nature of these types of claims, we assign specific teams to handle malpractice litigation, depending on the nature of the claim. We know that our clients want their malpractice matters defended aggressively and effectively, in the most efficient manner possible. Our niche has always been to provide skilled legal services for reasonable rates. Our medical malpractice team has decades of experience representing:
- Physician Practice Groups
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Registered Dieticians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Long-term Care facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Personal Care Homes
The lawyers at Drew Eckl & Farnham are well-known and respected experts in the field of medical malpractice defense and have first-chair experience defending medical malpractice claims in jury trials, binding arbitration, and mediation throughout the state. Our attorneys are recognized leaders who have presented on various topics related to the defense of medical malpractice claims throughout the country and hold memberships in a number of professional organizations specifically devoted to the defense of malpractice claims. Experience matters.
Other Professional Malpractice Experience
Our firm does not believe in a one-size-fits-all malpractice litigation style. Instead, our attorneys strive to provide outstanding representation to a wide variety of licensed professionals, regardless of their needs. Our experience includes not only the defense of traditional professional malpractice claims and litigation, but also handling unique situations, such as:
- Representation of physicians in front of the Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners;
- Representation of dentists in front of the Georgia Board of Dentistry;
- Working with various governmental agencies on regulatory matters for various long-term care facilities and their insurers; and
- Developing various internal corporate policies and procedures in the risk management arena for our clients
In addition to defending traditional medical malpractice and long-term care litigation, our attorneys also have significant experience in representing a number of other professionals, including attorneys, accountants, surveyors, counselors and members of the clergy. Our attorneys are constantly on the front lines, working with professionals throughout the entire process of claims and lawsuits, often from the date of the incident throughout the claim and litigation process, including all post-trial and appellate channels available.
Regardless of the nature of the claim, our professional litigators can help.
- Summary Judgement for Slip & Fall Claim Affirmed in Georgia Court of...
- Georgia Court of Appeals Affirms Summary Judgment in Double-Fatality Case
- Reale and Cheek Obtain Summary Judgment for Defendants in Wrongful Death...
- Motion for Default Judgment Denied in Northern District of GA
- In the news: Barbara Marschalk recently successfully defended her client...
- Plaintiff Sues for $1.5 Million, Rejects $300,000 Offer, Left with $12,591
- Summary Judgment in Breach of Contract Claim
- Summary Judgment in Bodily Injury Claim
- Motion to Dismiss Granted for Not-for-Profit Client
- Summary Judgment for Food Service Industry Client
Related Publications & Presentations
*No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Drew Eckl & Farnham clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors.