Our attorneys have decades of experience representing employers in litigation before State and Federal courts and Commissions, and in partnering with clients as Employment Counsel to minimize litigation risk and foster compliance with the ever-changing legal landscape.
Our Areas of Expertise
- Affirmative Action Plans and Audits
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Background Checks
- Discrimination Claims
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- EEOC Investigations
- E-mail, Internet and Social Media Policies
- Employment Contracts
- Employee Policies and Handbooks
- Employment Practices Compliance Assessments
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Harassment and Hostile Work Environment Claims
- Hiring Issues
- Independent Contractors
- Immigration/I-9 Compliance
- Layoffs and Plant Closings
- Medical Privacy Issues
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicit Agreements
- Older Workers’ Benefit Protection Act
- Public Sector Employers
- Separation Agreements
- Supervisor and Management Training
- Trade Secrets & Proprietary Information
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workplace Privacy Issues
- Wrongful Termination
In-House Training, Policy Development, and Real Time Guidance
The best lawsuit is the one that never happens. Our lawyers partner with our clients to understand their business objectives and operations, develop employment policies that promote those objectives in compliance with Federal and State laws, provide training for HR, Management and supervisors, and provide unmatched accessibility to solve problems as they arise. Proactive representation means keeping you out of court, and fully prepared to win when you are there. Our attorneys are frequent lecturers for both employers and attorneys on Employment Law issues, and bring that expertise to work for you.
When litigation is required, our lawyers have decades of trial experience from courts and agencies all across Georgia, the Southeast and beyond with experienced, cost-effective and targeted litigation strategies that stay focused on your objectives. We work with you in developing and executing a litigation plan that makes sense, keeps you up to date and gets results.
- Corporate & Transaction Negotiates for The Fox Theatre in GICC Partnership
- Barbara Marschalk Presented at the State Court Judges' Spring Conference
- Supreme Court of Georgia Oral Arguments
- Summary Judgment in Defamation Case
- Summary Judgment for Slip & Fall Claim Affirmed in Georgia Court of Appeals
- Summary Judgment for International Retailer in Premises Liability Case
- Georgia Court of Appeals Affirms Summary Judgment in Double-Fatality Case
- Reale and Cheek Obtain Summary Judgment for Defendants in Wrongful Death...
- Motion for Default Judgment Denied in Northern District of GA
- In the news: Barbara Marschalk recently successfully defended her client...
Related Publications & Presentations
*No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Drew Eckl & Farnham clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors.