The construction industry is an important part of our economy but is a complicated business with many inherent pitfalls and legal concerns. The attorneys at Drew Eckl & Farnham are experts in this industry and provide counsel to construction companies, owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and other professionals within this industry.
Industry Specific Expertise
Drew Eckl & Farnham assists clients with a wide variety of issues and disputes related to the construction industry. Specifically, the firm has significant experience and expertise in many practice areas, including:
- Breach of Contract and Delay Damage Claims
- Mechanic’s and Materialmen Lien Claims
- Surety Bond Claims
- Commercial Collections & Prompt Payment Act Claims
- Zoning & Title Appeals
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Contract and Subcontract Negotiation and Drafting
- OSHA Compliance and Investigations
- Corporate Investigations
- Commercial General Liability Exposure & Premises Liability
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Insurance Coverage Analysis
- Insurance and reinsurance disputes
- Local, State, and Federal Regulatory Compliance Issues
- Return to Work Policies and Procedures
- Construction Lending reputation and Advise
Value Added Services
Drew Eckl & Farnham attorneys provide clients with on-site educational seminars and meetings regarding new regulations, recent legal developments, and risk management. The Firm works with in-house attorneys, adjusters, risk managers and human resources professionals to develop stream-lined protocols for case handling.
Guidance Specific to COVID-19
- Response to OSHA demand letters and investigations.
- Analysis and defense of delay damages and force majeure provisions.
- Exposure from injuries covered under Workers’ Compensation and being laid off.
- Creating light duty programs for injured workers.
- Coordination between builders, owners, & lenders/insurance companies.
- CARES Act Loan Program advice (Paycheck Protection Program and EIDL Loans).
- Contractual issues arising from COVID-19.
- Court of Appeals Victory in Negligent Security Case
- Successful Insurance Case by Karen Karabinos and Mary Alice Jasperse
- In the News: Defense Verdict in $1.3M Lawsuit for Client Featured in the...
- Corporate & Transaction Negotiates for The Fox Theatre in GICC Partnership
- Barbara Marschalk Presented at the State Court Judges' Spring Conference
- Supreme Court of Georgia Oral Arguments
- Summary Judgment in Defamation Case
- Summary Judgment for Slip & Fall Claim Affirmed in Georgia Court of Appeals
- Summary Judgment for International Retailer in Premises Liability Case
- Georgia Court of Appeals Affirms Summary Judgment in Double-Fatality Case
Related Publications & Presentations
*No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Drew Eckl & Farnham clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors.