July 03, 2019 BY Neil Brunetz
OSHA Provides Guidelines for Fireworks Displays
Happy Fourth of July to everyone.
We hope your fireworks display is everything you hoped it would be. Did you know that in order to help you stay safe OSHA provides guidelines for fireworks displays.
Top Ten List for Operators from OSHA:
- Make sure personnel are trained and competent.
- Obtain required licenses, permits and inspections.
- Maintain display site security and communications.
- Wear protective gear and proper clothing.
- Prohibit accidental ignition sources.
- Properly install mortar boxes, racks and drums.
- Keep fireworks cartons closed.
- Keep fireworks dry and in good condition.
- Always handle fireworks carefully.
- Stay away from loaded mortars.
Mr. Brunetz has experience working as an outside general counsel for a technology company assisting the company in negotiating and finalizing NDAs, SaaS agreements and technology development agreements as well as many other aspects of the company’s business. His legal experience also includes courtroom representation of clients in civil litigation matters, including personal injury, wrongful death, workers' compensation, construction, contract, commercial disputes, and malpractice actions.