Drew Eckl & Farnham is an environment that encourages creativity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration. Each member of our firm brings a different set of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to create the unique culture that embodies our firm. And we know that our firm is a product of its people.
At DEF, our priority is to ensure each member of our team has the tools available for them to reach their maximum potential. We know that your professional growth and development makes us stronger too.
By allowing each person at Drew Eckl & Farnham to be authentic, we reach a result that is unlike any other. Each individual brings attributes that results in an innovative, trustworthy, and inclusive environment.
Summer Associate Program
We routinely hire second year law students as summer associates. We encourage our summer associates to explore all of our 18+ practice areas. You will receive hands-on legal experience that includes depositions, trials, and legal research in various practice areas.
The decision of where to accept a summer associate position is not one you take lightly, and we don't either. Our summer associate program is about you. Whether you are looking for a big firm with a small firm feel, diversity and inclusion, or simply a path to partnership, we have you covered.
Our summer associates work with both partners and associates. Our needs for summer associates vary from year to year, but what does not change is the valuable experience our summer associates gain during their time at Drew Eckl & Farnham. We know you are busy with classes, extracurricular activities and jobs, but we want to prepare you for your dream career. At Drew Eckl & Farnham, you will not only receive hands-on experience, but also insight to a culture unlike any other.
You can submit a resume online, or look for on-campus interviews at the University of Georgia, Georgia State University, Emory University, Mercer University, and at the SEMJF.
Drew Eckl & Farnham's 1L Diversity Fellowship
At Drew Eckl & Farnham, we understand that we have both an extraordinary opportunity and a special responsibility to maintain a culture that nurtures a diverse and inclusive workforce. The Drew Eckl & Farnham 1L Diversity Fellowship is one of many diversity programs we utilize to promote diversity here at our firm and in the legal profession at large.
The program is designed for students who have just finished their first year of law school and are from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds. The 1L Fellow will also possess a long-term interest in practicing law in a Georgia law firm.
2021 1L Fellowship Program Details
- The 1L Fellow will participate in the program for a total of 10 weeks during the summer of 2021. The recipients must be able to commit to the full 10 weeks of the program.
- The 1L Fellow will work on matters across Drew Eckl & Farnham’s practice areas, which can be found on our website here.
- Upon successful completion of the 1L Fellowship Program, our 1L Fellow is eligible to earn an offer to return as a 2022 Summer Associate at Drew Eckl & Farnham.
- Academic Achievement
- Demonstrated Commitment to Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession
- Obstacles Overcome in Pursuing a Legal Career
- Long-term Interest in Practicing Law in Georgia (Atlanta, Brunswick or Albany)
Application Materials (Due January 31, 2021)
- Personal Statement (Optional): Please discuss your commitment to promote diversity in the legal profession or obstacles you have overcome in pursuing a legal career (500 words or less)
Submit required materials to [email protected] before the deadline for consideration.